Spanish health chiefs are investigating the cases on Palmanova, the neighbouring resort of Magaluf, after positive samples of Legionnaires’ were found at an unnamed hotel
One person with Legionnaires’ died and another fell ill and tests traced the source of the bacteria to the hotel.
Stephen Clements, a grandfather, from Cromer, Norfolk, inhaled toxic bacteria which had grown in stagnant water within the pipe. He died a week later at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
HSE explains what legionnaires’ disease is. How do people get it and where does it come from?
Cases of Legionnaires’ disease have been reported throughout the United States in the past few weeks. Outbreaks were found in Las Vegas, New York and Florida.